Referral for Petals Counselling
You have been chosen to receive up to 6 one hour counselling sessions free of charge, with a Petals Approved Counsellor. This service is provided by Petals Charity who deliver a specialist counselling service for women, men and couples experiencing baby loss and/or anxiety in a pregnancy following previous loss.
To be eligible to attend Petals counselling service we request that you read the following information and then complete each part of the short form below.
Petals Statement of Understanding:
Please be aware of the following:
- Your assigned Petals Approved Counsellor will have set hours of work during the working week and will discuss their availability with you. Your counsellor will offer an appointment time and discuss the frequency of the sessions.
- The counselling session will always start and finish at pre-arranged times. This means that if you arrive late, the session will nevertheless have to end at the agreed time.
- Counselling sessions may be face to face, or via secure online video platform. Arrangements for this will be discussed once counselling sessions have been agreed.
- This is a free counselling service that is charitably funded and in great demand. It is therefore important that you attend any session you have arranged. If you need to cancel or re-arrange an appointment, please ensure you contact the counsellor directly giving at least 24 hours’ notice. If less notice than this is given, you may lose one of your agreed sessions.
- The 6 counselling sessions will typically be arranged within the next 6 months. It is important that you are able to commit to the sessions within this time frame and your counsellor will work with you to accommodate this.
- If you feel you would like to end the counselling sessions before the 6 sessions are complete, we request you discuss this with your counsellor or to contact Petals office directly. This will enable us to make best use of limited resources.
As a FREE counselling service, our support is in great demand. It is therefore important that arranged counselling sessions are attended or at least 24 hours’ notice of cancellation is provided.
All information related to you and your counselling sessions will be conducted and held in confidence and this confidentiality will be maintained by Petals, except in the following instances:
- You consent in writing for confidence to be broken
- Disclosure is required by Law
- Where life or safety of yourself or others is threatened
No Fields Found.